Saturday, May 9, 2015

Specialty Cards Saturday #14

Today's challenge was to make a masculine circle card.

I knew that, when I asked Denise to create a sample card for you. she would blow it out of the water.

This card is amazing!


From Denise: I made this card as a joke since my brothers and I always tease about who is the favorite.  I found this compass design on the Disney Classics cartridge for my Cricut.  It had the words “Peter Pan” attached to it, but was easily trimmed off.  I used a double sided cardstock to make the base of the card that I cut on my Circuit.  I used a base card off a cartridge, but you could easily weld two circles together for the same effect.  I used vinyl on the front for the cuts.  I like vinyl because it cuts so well and doesn’t build up a thickness.  I also love the gold vinyl because it always adds richness to the design.


Just in case you can't see the sentiment:
North or South
East or West
Everyone knows you love me the best!
Happy Father's Day

I told you the card was AWESOME! Ok, so I said amazing earlier, but I think both adjectives fit this card perfectly.  

Give a circle card a try.  You don't need a fancy cutting machine either.  Just create your circles and score along one side about a 1/4 inch, then glue the two flaps together.  If you want it to look like a circle from the front, add another circle layer (slightly bigger works best) on top.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & Denise

1 comment: