Saturday, October 31, 2015

Mood Board Inspired Saturday #35

Today's Mood Board:



I played off the muted colors of the mood board and the leaves.

Below is the colors of Gelatos that I used on this card.

I used gesso to prime a piece of water color cardstock.  Using gesso with Gelatos is 
extremely important.  You won't get a good blend without using the gesso.  So if you've tried Gelatos and not liked the results, try this little tip.  If you don't have gesso at home, try using a white (or black) thick acrylic paint (tube or jar paints, not the $1 paints in the craft aisle) instead. It works just as well. However, a bottle of gesso is relatively cheap and will last a papercrafter a long time. 

I smeared on spots of the Gelatos and blended them together using a baby wipe, 
although you can use your finger to blend them. 

I then dried them with my heat gun and then used my Cover-A-Card Autumn Leaf stamp with Versa Mark Ink and clear embossing powder.  Heat set it and then after it was cool, stamped again using the same stamp rotated slightly with Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and clear embossing powder.

I used the green Gelato on the card base and sentiment flage to match the background piece.


I really love how this card turned out.  If you haven't given Gelatos a try I highly recommend them.

Want more ideas using Gelatos, watch a few videos by 
She has some great ones using these and many more wonderful products.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment