Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Birthday Tuesday #5-2017

Theresa brings us not one, but two birthday cards today.  These have awesome backgrounds that use a shaving cream technique.



These cards were made with a technique using shaving cream and various coloring elements.  The swirly card used Stampin' Up ink refills and the dotted card used Ranger alcohol inks.  The sentiments were stamped using a set called Shenanigans and she used Delicate Black Shimmer with Wow Clear Gloss embossing powder.

I made a magic window card-




These cards are fun to make.  I made so many last year that I made a template on Design Space for my Explore, so all the cutting is done without even having to think of it.  You stamp on an inside card and on a clear sheet.  Using a stamp positioning tool such as a Misti or Stamp-a-ma-jig is a must to get the images on both in the same place.  I used Stazon on ink for use on the clear acrylic and a dye ink for the inside and around the opening.  I then used Spectrum Noir for coloring the image.  It appears to fill in the color as you slide the panel out.  The images and sentiments all came for the my stamp set for the week - Aged to Perfection by Fiskars. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment