Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sketch Challenge Wednesday #3-2016

January's Sketch Challenge:




Butterfly card was designed using stampin up butterfly die and unity stamps sentiment and butterflies. Spellbinders tool in one to remove the little pieces and stampin up inks. This card was to inspire and encourage someone to make changes for the new year. ~Jennifer




For the sketch challenge, I changed the rectangles to clouds.  I wanted to add a little dimension to the card, so I cut the cloud shape out of the Bashful Blue DSP by Stampin. Up and attached that with mounting tape.  Underneath the opening I placed Whisper White card stock embossed with Fancy Fan e/f by Stampin' Up.  I added the second cloud with double dimensionals.  I cut the kite in four colors and and pieced them together on a scrap piece of paper and trimmed it to size and embossed it with Square Lattice e/f by Stampin' Up.  I added some white Bakers Twine as the kite's tail and cut little ties to run down its length.  The font I used for the greeting is AlwaysHere.  I left the inside blank for a personal note. ~Kim


For 2016, one of my resolutions is to use my patterned paper.  Why you ask? Because I hoard it! OK, I admitted, can we please move on.  Yes, my craft room could be featured on an episode of the popular TV show, yes the garage could be too (it's much worse than the craft room, we moved from a bigger house to a smaller house, inherited furniture and stuff and had a storage unit full, all of which doesn't fit in the house is currently in fallen piles in my garage, it's not safe, but I digress). 
Anyway, that said, I resolved to use more the the paper I hoard, there I said it again.
I like techniques and ink and playing and although I love to buy paper, I suck at using it.
So here it is the first card of 2016 featuring patterned paper.  Not great but it's a start. ~Theresa


How will you interpret the sketch? Will you use patterned paper or emboss or use inks and diecuts?

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC Design Team

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I love what you did with that butterfly and also the small butterflies. I hear you about the paper, Theresa. Even when I use mine, I buy more than I use and then there's digital paper...oye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them. I like using the cloud as an element and the butterfly card has such a beautiful sentiment. Theresa, I tend to go for patterned paper first, but have been using more inks because of all the inky work you do. So are we swapping techniques, lol?

    ReplyDelete