Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wild Wild Wednesday

So I thought today we'd do a throw back post.
This is a post of cards I did on my personal blog back in 2013.
WOW what a change a couple of years and a few hundred cards makes in
my crafting ability and style.

On with the post from July 13, 2013 and a blog hop Christmas in July:


Today's blog hop is all about Christmas cards.  I've created one specifically for the blog hop and will post that one first.  I've also created several other cards this week for a card swap that I'm participating in and guess what this month's theme was also Christmas in July.  I'll share those too.

I hope you like the cards that I've created and they will inspire you to create some fun and easy cards of your own.

I've done a little embellishing on the envelopes as well and have included them in the photos.

This is the one I created for the blog hop.  It is very simple and easy to mass produce.  I used a pre-made 4x9" card.  I ran the card twice through the Big Kick using an embossing folder.   I created a small
slip in the fold to thread the ribbon through where the seam of the two embossingfolders meet.  I threaded the ribbon through and glued it.  I created the snowflakeusing the Christmas cartridge.  I stamped it with the word Joy from the Wonderland Wishes stamp set by Raisin Boat www.raisinboat.com.  I ran it through my Xyron X and coated it with Martha Stewart glitter.  I attached it with  dimensional foam, added the rhinestones and it was done.  I also ran the envelope flap through the same embossing folder.
This one is created using an ebossing folder, a stamp that came with a summer set, but I thought it looked like a snowflake, the same Joy stamp and more rhinestones and ribbon.  

This one I used glitter paper and embossed it.  It is gorgeous in real life!  The sparkle is amazing.  I used a  trim from the sewing section as the ribbon and used the same stamp set as above to create the tag.  The snowflake brad started out just plain white and I heated it using my heat gun and dipped it in some glittery embossing powder and heated it.


This is one of my favorites.  I used an 8x8 sheet of embossed cardstock and cut out the snowflake from the Christmas cartridge.  I used my Zig glue and MS glitter on the blue cardstock.  Popped up the white on foam tape and used my Fiskars punch on the bottom.   I used the positive and glittered it for the envelope.  Super simple but so pretty!

This one was amazingly simple but this is my very favorite one of this bunch.  I just love how it turned out.  I used an embossing folder that had branch and bird on it.  I roughed up the edge of the white cardstock with my Tonic paper distresser and inked the edges. The cardinal is a dimensional sticker 


This one too is simple.  I used the ornaments embossing folder. I used my Zig pen and clear embossing powder to highlight some of the ornaments.  I then cut out the ornament (sorry I don't remember what cartridge) and used MS tinsel glitter to give it a little sparkle. 


I have to say that some of these are still among my favorites. 
I really love the blue snowflake one and the very simple long snowflake with the ribbon one.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment